Jan 27 2015
About 18 cups / 4 hours minimum
- 2 - 3 lbs chicken wings, back, and necks
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Several peppercorns
- A few cloves
- Celery seeds
- 2 shallots, halved
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 peeled carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- Several garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 inch turmeric, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 18 cups filtered water
1. Place chicken in very large stock pot and add vinegar. Let sit for 20 minutes if possible.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle boil, then turn heat immediately to simmer.
3. Skim scum with ladle.
4. Cover, leaving top ajar about 1/2 inch. Simmer for 4 to 8 hours on very low heat.