Aug 04 2014
Farro is an ancient and nutritious form of whole wheat from Italy. It is wonderfully nutty and satisfying.
- 1 ¾ cup cooked farro
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Grade A organic maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons blanched, slivered almonds
- 4 to 5 inch-long piece ripe organic banana, cut in half lengthwise, sliced in ½ inch thick pieces
- Pinches of sea salt to taste (optional)
- Extra almond milk to taste (optional)
- Heat heavy bottomed sauce pan over low-medium heat. Add farro, almond milk, cinnamon, and syrup. Stir gently with wooden spoon to incorporate. Cook for a few minutes until milk is warmed.
- Then add almonds and banana slices. Cook another minute or two. Bananas should soften, yet hold their shape. Taste for seasoning and add more milk if desired. Serve in your favorite bowl with a pinch of cinnamon for garnish. Enjoy!